In view of the recent change in interpretation relating to the GST and QST for osteopathic care, we have written this article to help you change the configuration of your diary. Activate sales tax If your practice doesn’t offer other taxable care, you’ve probably never programmed sales tax into your Datedechoix account.
- Under Settings-View Locations-My Locations, click Edit next to your location.
- Scroll down to the Currencies and Taxes section.
- Program the sales tax by checking the 2 boxes, and indicating the applicable rates.
- Under Tax Information, add the tax numbers as you want them to appear on the receipts.
The change will be made automatically for all the appointments added to the calendar after this programming of the tax. For appointments already on the agenda, you have to make the change manually in the appointment box from the “payments” tab. Taxable services Since osteopathy was previously not taxable, you may have exempted this service from taxes directly on the service profile.
- Under Settings-Services, click edit next to all osteopathic services.
- Scroll down to Times and prices.
Make sure the “Sales taxes do not apply to this service” box is unchecked. Otherwise, remove the checkmark and navigate to the bottom of the page to Save.